A complete (free) guide on how to eat keto… for women!
When I first started eating keto a few years ago, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the internet is full of resources. But as I delved deeper into the high fat interwebs, I found that most of the content surrounding keto pertains to a male experience, with little insight as to how a low carb high fat way of eating might differ for women.
I didn’t let that deter me because I was ready for all the bacon, so I dove in head first … only to end up feeling like hot garbage 6 months into my keto experience. I learned the hard way that while some women might do well on a classic ketogenic diet, I am not one of those women — my hormones need more support! If I could do it all over again, I would give myself the grace to experiment and do what feels best in my body.
Luckily, you don’t have to make the same mistakes. I’ve worked through the whole trial and error process and compiled a list of my best keto resources … for women!
Let’s face it, ladies, we are awesome, and we deserve to feel awesome. If a classic keto approach isn’t living up to the hype, I’ve got you covered.
Are you ready to rev up your metabolism, nourish your body, and keep your hormones balanced throughout the process?
Let’s do this!
The Complete Resource on Keto for Women
Here’s how it works: When you click on one of the chapter links below, you’ll be directed to your selected chapter without refreshing the page. So, pick which chapter you’d like to get started with and have at ‘er!
- Chapter 1: What Keto Is
- Chapter 2: What Women Need to Know Before They Start Keto
- Chapter 3: Strategies for Eating Keto as a Woman
- Chapter 4: Best Keto Recipes & Food Prep for Women
- Chapter 5: Women Overcoming Keto Hurdles
- Chapter 6: How Keto Is Different for Women & How to Customize
- Chapter 7: Carb Ups for Balanced Sex Hormones
- Chapter 8: How Women Can Stop Tracking Macros on Keto
- Bonus Chapter: Free 7-day Keto Meal plan
If you like this resource book, please pass it on to your friends by sharing on Facebook or Tweeting it. And sign up for Healthful Pursuit updates + a FREE 12-page keto starter guide, loaded with more awesome tips!
Chapter 1: What Keto Is
Before we jump in completely, let’s talk about what keto is, and what keto ISN’T. Consider this a crash course in keto jam packed with what you need to know about fueling your body with fat.
Here are some of my favorite resources to help you gain a better understanding of keto and help debunk the myths:
- Is Eating High-Fat, Keto Right For You? 10 Signs To Watch Out For
- Why Counting Calories for Weight Loss Isn’t The Answer + What I’m Doing Instead
- What Really Happens When You Eat Fat
- 10 Reasons Why I’m Not Afraid Of Eating Fat
- What’s the Difference? Ketoacidosis vs. Ketosis
- Evidence That Eating Low-Fat Leads To Disease
- Keto and High Fat Eating for Women
- What Women Need to Know About Fat Burning
Chapter 2: What Women Need to Know Before They Start Keto
Once you have a solid keto foundation, you can go about setting your expectations to get the most out of your keto experience. There are so many things I wish I knew before I started keto, and now I’m passing them on to you!
Here are some great tips to help you start your keto journey on the right path:
- Before You Go Keto
- What To Expect When you Go High-Fat
- How To Start Eating High-Fat
- 5 Easy Steps to Beat Keto Flu
- How to Start Eating More Fat
- Why I Don’t Eat Dairy on Keto
Chapter 3: Strategies for Eating Keto as a Woman
You’ve done the work, you know your stuff … so where do you start? With all the keto food, of course. Shopping for groceries doesn’t have to be stressful or overwhelming — I’ve compiled grocery guide, shopping lists, and tons of examples of what eating keto looks like so you can get in, get out, and get going.
Here are the best keto shopping resources and how-to guides so that you can start fueling with fat:
- FREE Keto Grocery Guide
- Costco Keto Grocery List
- Amazon Keto Grocery List
- How to Start Eating Keto
- What A Day Of Eating “High-Fat, Keto” Looks Like
- Exercise + Eating “High-Fat”… For Women
Chapter 4: Best Keto Recipes & Keto Food Prep for Women
Okay, I’m going to warn you ahead of time: there are some seriously delicious recipes coming your way. Proceed with caution if perusing on an empty stomach!
Here are my most loved keto recipes — breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and treats:
- White Chocolate Rocket Fuel Latte
- Keto Rocket Fuel Cafe Mocha with Chia Seeds
- Fat Burning Rocket Fuel Frappuccino
- 5 Caffeine-free Rocket Fuel Latte Recipes
- Keto Overnight “Oats”
- Grain-Free Hemp Heart Porridge
- Crazy Good Low-Carb Keto Pancakes
- Vegan Caesar Salad topped with your favorite protein source, like smoked salmon
- Low-Carb Zucchini Nachos
- Pump Up Your Greens Creamed Soup paired with crispy chicken thighs
- Fat Bomb Hamburger Soup
- 5-Minute Vegan Cream of Tomato Soup
- Coconut Flour Bread Sandwich with Bacon Mayo and your favorite sandwich fixins’
- Low-Carb Chicken Noodle Soup
- Keto Mini Pizzas
- Bombay Sloppy Joe in Low-Carb Buns
- Low-Carb Keto Spring Rolls with Ginger Dipping Sauce
- Grain-Free Bacon and Shrimp Risotto
- Sriracha “Spaghetti” + Meatballs
- Dairy-Free Cream of Chicken Soup with Coconut Flour Biscuits
- Flaxseed Focaccia Bread
- Rocket Fuel Keto Milkshake
- Flaxseed Cinnamon Bun Muffins
- Keto Popcorn
- Egg-Free Roasted Herb Crackers with Kale Pate
- No Sugar! Ultimate Fat Bomb Ice Cream
- Keto Double Chocolate Haystacks
- 4-Ingredient Keto Cookie Bars
- No Bake N’Oatmeal Fudge Bars
- Keto Flaxseed Fudge Muffins
Chapter 5: Women Overcoming Keto Hurdles
If you’re having a hard time getting into the keto groove and you need extra support, don’t worry! You can do this and I can help.
Here are some of the best tips I have on overcoming keto obstacles:
- Before You Start Eating “High-Fat”…
- 30 High-Fat, Keto Solutions For Women
- 10 Signs That Intermittent Fasting Isn’t Right For You
- Can’t Lose Weight on Keto?
- Keto Without a Gallbladder + Fat Digestion Issues
- 8 Low Carb, Keto Hacks for Women
- What’s Wrong With The Ketogenic Diet
- Making Keto Work with Kids
Chapter 6: How Keto Is Different For Women & How to Customize
Are you trying keto in an effort to treat a specific issue? You’re not alone, and I’ve seen women make amazing progress to towards their health goals using keto as a launching pad. Whether you’re looking to manage a thyroid imbalance, heal your relationship with food, or try a plant-based approach to keto, there’s a resource for you.
Here are my best resources for how to keto your way:
- Is Keto Right For You?
- Eating Low-Carb, Keto and Thyroid Imbalances
- Adrenal Fatigue + Eating “High-Fat” or “Keto”
- Overcoming Amenorrhea on Keto
- How To Be A Low-Carb Vegan, Keto Vegan, or How To Eat More Plants on Keto
- Keto and PCOS
- What You Need To Know About Keto and Pregnancy
- What Eating Fat Fueled, Keto Did For My Hormones
- Binge Eating
- Mental Health & Addiction
Chapter 7: Carb Ups for Balanced Sex Hormones
A carb up practice is one of my favorite tools in my keto toolbox; carb ups are a great way for me to avoid disordered eating behaviors while supporting my hormones, and they might be a great option for you, too!
Here’s everything you need to educate yourself on carb ups, including why I carb up, how to do it, and what a carb up meal looks like:
- Signs You’re Fat Adapted
- Time to Carb-Up? Signs To Watch For + Why I Do It
- Quick Tips for Your First Keto Carb Up
- 10 Carb Up Meals. Why You Should Carb Up… and How To Do It
- A Complete Day of Eating “High-Fat” or “Keto” (with a Carb-up)
- Keto Experience: Carb Ups + Fasting
- Creating a Carb Up Practice
Chapter 8: How Women Can Stop Tracking Macros on Keto
How can you get enough fat without tracking? What does eating intuitively look like? How can you develop a better relationship with your body and learn to listen to your body’s natural cues?
Here are some resources on how to do keto without getting lost in the macro maze:
- The Problem with Counting Macros
- Macros: Does Intuitive Eating Work?
- Taking The Guesswork out of Dieting
Bonus Chapter: 7-day Keto Meal Plan
Want to take the guesswork out of keto completely? Try out a free week of keto meal plans, complete with shopping lists and recipes. Click here to get your FREE 1-week keto meal plan!
Do you know of a resource that I could add to this resource book? Awesome! Add a comment below with the link!
If you like this resource book, please pass it on to your friends by sharing on Facebook or Tweeting it. And when you sign up for Healthful Pursuit updates, you'll get a FREE 12-page keto starter guide, plus emails packed with keto tips, recipes, and so much more!