A thick, creamy, dairy-free keto milkshake, perfect for breakfast. Thickened with avocado and mega boosted with probiotics and collagen from Vital Proteins vanilla & coconut water grass-fed collagen peptides.
2017 is bringing in some new (exciting!) changes for our recipe videos. I’m pretty excited about this new format. Give it a watch and comment down below if you’re diggin’ it with me.
In addition to the awesome recipe video we’ll be putting out this year, I have a new product to share with you from our friends at Vital Proteins. If you love their collagen, you’re going to go crazy over their new Vanilla Collagen Peptides, which combines collagen peptides with Madagascar vanilla bean, probiotics, and organic coconut water to create a natural elixir that delivers fitness, wellness and beauty benefits with a light vanilla flavor.
If you don’t yet have Vanilla Collagen Peptides, but want to make today’s keto milkshake, you can use Collagen Peptides instead. I’ll show you how to make the milkshake, then we’ll get to why I’m diggin’ the new addition to the collagen lineup, below.
Receive an instant 10% off when you order one of my custom collagen kits with Vital Proteins. Choose from collagen peptides duo, daily essentials combo, or a collagen & gelatin starter pack. Or shop on VitalProteins.com for your favorite collagen products.
The probiotics (bacillus coagulans) are US-sourced and dairy-free. Bacillus coagulans is a lactic acid-producing bacteria that is a unique form of probiotic. This beneficial bacteria is dormant until reverting to a growing bacteria in the intestines. Because of this, it resists being killed by stomach acid. Unlike many Lactobacillus probiotics which lose most or all of their potency before being consumed, bacillus coagulans survives through to the stomach and goes where it counts.
The natural hyaluronic acid boosts skin’s natural moisture and hydration.
Paired with the health-promoting features of collagen, this Vanilla Collagen Peptides is where it’s at!
Okay, let’s get to the recipe…
- 2 cups (475 ml) lite coconut milk, unsweetened OR 13.5 oz (400 ml) full-fat coconut milk and ½ cup (120 ml) water
- Flesh from 1 small (85 grams) Hass avocado
- 1 scoop (2 tablespoons/25 g) Vanilla Collagen Peptides
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons MCT oil
- 2 ice cubes
- 1 large egg yolk, optional
- 6 to 8 drops of liquid stevia or 2 teaspoons confectioners’-style erythritol
- Pinch of finely ground Himalayan rock salt, optional
- Place all ingredients in the jug of a blender. Blend on low, slowing increasing blending speed until you reach high-speed. Stay at this speed for 30 seconds, until the ice crushes and the mixture
- Transfer to
Make it egg-free: Replace the egg yolk with 1 tablespoon of nut or seed butter of your choice.
View Nutritional Information (once on page, scroll down)
What’s your favorite way to cut corners at breakfast time? Let’s chat about it in the comments!