Perfect overnight oats, without the oats! These keto-friendly, low-carb paleo bowls have all the flavor of your favorite overnight oat recipe, without the grains. Made with Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts.
If you missed it, I love using Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts as a replacement for oats. I did it with this keto grain-free porridge, these keto fudge bars, these keto rum balls, and now, it’s on to overnight oats!
If you’re not familiar with overnight oats, I’m explaining what they are as well as showing you how to make them, in the following step-by-step video.
I love Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts for their versatility, fiber, and fat content. For keto, you really can’t go wrong.
Of the omega-rich seeds (hemp, chia, and flax), hemp is great because it doesn’t get gummy like chia and flax does. Because of it’s shape, which reminds me of a rolled oat, it makes a wonderful 1 to 1 replacement in your favorite oat-based recipes.
Even more in love with hemp now that I know I can make overnight oats with them! And, there are so many different flavors. Check below where I’ve shared 3 keto overnight oat recipes with you – vanilla, fudge and (my personal favorite because PUMPKIN), pumpkin spice latte.
I prefer this breakfast with erythritol, but if you are sensitive to corn, you may react to erythritol in which case, you could use liquid stevia. If you have another favorite sugar-free alternative, do it up!
Makes 1 ¼ cup (300 ml)
- ⅔ cup (160 ml) full-fat coconut milk, plus more for the following day
- ½ cup (75 grams) Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts
- 1 tablespoon chia seed
- 2 teaspoons confectioners’ erythritol or 3 to 4 drops of liquid stevia
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch finely ground Himalayan rock salt
- 12 whole almonds, omit for nut-free
- 6 whole raspberries
- Add all ingredients to a 12 fl. oz. (350 ml), or larger container with a lid. Stir until combined. Cover and set in the fridge overnight, for at least 8 hours.
- The following day, add additional milk until desired consistency is reached.
- Divide between two small bowls, add toppings if desired, and enjoy.
- Variation: Keto Fudge Overnight “Oats”. In addition to the ingredients in the Vanilla version above, add 2 tablespoons of cacao powder and 1 tablespoon of sunflower butter. Follow the same instructions as above. Optional toppings include shredded unsweetened coconut, cacao nibs, and strawberries.
- Variation: Keto Pumpkin Spice Latte Overnight “Oats”. Omit ⅓ cup (80 ml) of the coconut milk from the vanilla version and replace with ⅓ cup (80 ml) brewed coffee (decaf or regular). In addition to the ingredients above, add 2 tablespoons of canned pumpkin puree, and ¾ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg, and ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves). Follow the same instructions as above. Optional toppings include pecans, and ground cinnamon.
View Nutrition Information for Keto Overnight Oats: vanilla flavor, fudge flavor, or pumpkin spice latte flavor (once on page, scroll down)
Do you have an all-time favorite overnight oat recipe that you used to prepare, but haven’t since going grain-free? Share it in the comments below! I’m 100% confident that your flavor combination will work with the vanilla/base recipe. How very exciting!