10 Gluten-free Recipes for Fall

by Leanne Vogel (Healthful Pursuit) on September 21, 2012

Before I start joking about pumpkins and goblins, I wanted to take a second to tell you how freakishly awesome you all are and how much I appreciate you and the positive space we’ve created here on the blog. Thank you.

Gluten-free Fall Recipes #glutenfree #Fall #pumpkin #healthy #vegan #recipe

Do you like pumpkin? Don’t worry, I wont judge you over how you answer that question. This is a safe place. Just know that if you answer with a ‘no’ a scary goblin may be planning to jump up behind your chair and spook you into liking it.

Can’t say I didn’t warn you!

This awesome winter squash has astounding antioxidant powers, anti-inflammatory benefits, and has even been linked to the prevention of cardiovascular disease. But, if you still can’t get behind this whole pumpkin thing I chose to include a couple of non-pumpkin recipes in today’s gluten-free Fall recipe roundup.

It should come as no surprise however, that absolutely none of these recipes are savory. Who needs a warming casserole when you can have pancakes for dinner? Again… scary goblin behind your chair if you say pancakes aren’t a dinner food.

Grain-free Ginger Spice Muffin Tops

A low sugar, high protein, snack that’s just 250 calories. Each serving is two muffin tops so get to indulge without feeling too full afterward. Dress them up with nut butter, fresh fruit, or enjoy plain.

Gluten-free + Vegan Gingersnap Cookies

These gingersnaps are full of flavor. They’re tender, chewy, moist, and have a crackly top as any gingersnap should. If you don’t like your gingersnaps chewy, no worries, just bake them a bit longer and they’ll crisp up perfectly!

Gingerbread Brownies

These gluten-free, sugar-reduced gingerbread inspired brownies are the perfect fall dessert. Best enjoyed with a tall mug of tea, a dollop of coconut whipped cream and a sprinkle of ground cinnamon.

Sweet Potato Carob Chip Cookies

These soft cookies are perfectly sweet, light and healthy. Sweet potato in a cookie? Ooh they are delicious!

No bake Pumpkin Tarts

A lighter and healthier take on pumpkin pie. The dried fruit crust is held together with buckwheat groats and just a touch of pecans, making it lower in fat than many no bake treats.

Spiced Flax Balls

Each ball is 100 calories, contributes 13% of your daily intake of fiber and carries with it 2.6g of protein. They’re a great on-the-go snack for you and your family during the cooler months of Fall.

Gingerbread Protein Pancakes

Baking these grain-free protein pancakes will infuse your home with the smell of gingerbread all morning long.

Cinnamon Roll Porridge

All the goodness found in a cinnamon roll without the hassle of waiting for yeast to rise, rolling dough, or waiting hours for breakfast. A simple, warm, delicious breakfast in less than 20 minutes!

Pumpkin Gingersnap Chia Breakfast Parfaits

These pumpkin and gingerbread parfaits capture all the tastes of Fall! They’re filling, high in fiber, and low in refined sugars.

Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal

Oatmeal baked in a pumpkin with a crunchy almond flour topping. When all is said and done you can eat the bowl!

I hope you enjoy the very last day of Summer, soak up some rays of sunshine, and spend quality time with your family. I know I will!

Ooooh all of these sound so warm and delicious!! I can’t stand cold temps but LOVE fall food. While pumpkin has been in the house since the beginning of August, I only just bought my first butternut squash of the season last night and I’m SO excited to use it up this weekend! I swear, I could eat that stuff like candy! Love the gingerbread recipes you’ve got here too. As a kid I never really enjoyed gingerbread (I was the annoying one that just snapped all the candy off of the gingerbread house and left the cookie part to turn very, very stale) but I love it now! Have a great weekend Leanne!

Janae @ Bring-Joy

I’m putting those protein pancakes & no-bake pumpkin cups on my to do list this weekend, Leanne! You always have the best recipes.

Despite being the end of September, it doesn’t feel like fall yet, here. But I’m not complaining–I don’t enjoy cold weather & love to be outside for as long as possible without a jacket or sweater.

I don’t know how I missed some of these but I’ll be pinning like a mad woman when I get back to my desk.

One of the reasons I added you blog to my reader log ago (in addition to the amazing recipes) was your outlook and attitude towards life. I always leave your posts feeling good – even when you’re wrestling with something you have such an aura of hope. Thanks for sharing it.

Thanks, Laura! For the encouraging words and all the pins!

Alissa N

No goblin necessary to scare me into loving pumpkin.. I am obsessed!! These all look fantastic, I don’t even know where to start!! I love these little round ups because I always discover new treats I hadn’t found before by browsing!! :)

Sophie

Is it just me, or does Fall have the best recipes?! Maybe it’s all the cinnamon and pumpkin!

Leanne, I wanted to respond to something you wrote yesterday:
I moved away to France for a year a couple of years ago and at first, it was SO hard…I kept saying that I would move back the following week! However, as time went on, I met new people…and forced myself to engage in things I would not have engaged in if I stayed at home – like trips, group outings, explorations of different sorts, etc. This pushed me out of my comfort zone…and they always says that when you step out of your comfort zone, you really start to live!
Plus…you always have the knowledge that if things really don’t change for the better, you can always move back! BUT…things have a way of working themselves out.

Big hugs! Things are gonna be alright ;)

You’re right, it does. Especially for sweets. They’re not too sweet (like Christmas), but spiced and lovely!

Thanks for your encouraging works, Sophie. Everything you’ve shared really spoke to me. :)

You just made me drool on my keyboard at work. Ha! Not really, but I totally could have. I’ve made the pumpkin gingersnap breakfast parfaits, but need to make ALL these recipes! I have a ton of sugar pumpkins… literally a ton. That is such a good idea!

a ton? You lucky lady, you!

kim@hungryhealthygirl

I love this Fall recipe roundup….everything looks scrumptious! First up, I’m making the little pumpkin tarts!

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance

Anything ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg make me drool. I love it. Great recipe round-up.

Cookies and fall food, and it all just happens to be GF….yes, I love this roundup!

Peggy

I’m definitely interested in that cinnamon roll porridge! Sounds to die for =)

Michelle@Peachy Palate

Pumpkin chia pudding definitely on the menu!

Simone

I have yet to dive into my endless stash of pumpkin but after seeing these I think this weekend may be a bit of a pumpkin fest, thanks! :)

Endless stash of pumpkin? What are you waiting for! lol enjoy!

Charlotte

You are the awesome. I can’t believe all of these recipes are gluten free. And so pretty-looking! (what, I’m a sucker for good food shots!). I’d love to make the no-bake pumpkin tarts. They look delish!

Also, I’ve totally missed you and your great blog. Hope all is well and you are excited for the fall! :)

Thanks, Charlotte! Those tarts are pretty darn good.

Alyssa

They look DELICIOUS. And I have all the ingredients for the spiced flax balls already in my cupboard! Yay!

(But that last one isn’t gluten free; its’s only wheat free. Oats are unfortunately glutenous. It’s the avenin protein in Oats that we coeliacs react to, so even if they are uncontaminated oats they still contain the avenin that makes us sick. I would LOVE to be able to eat oats!)

Hi Alyssa – I think the verdict is still out on that one, no? I agree with you – being sensitive to gluten myself, I can’t handle oats, but as far as ‘gluten-free’ standards go (in Canada, I’m not sure about other countries) it’s considered gluten-free. I’m with you though, oats shouldn’t be considered “gluten-free”!

Diney

I love the look of all of these recipes. I eagerly wait for the posts each day as they are my happy place where I dream about all the things I would love to eat.
Here in Korea I’m finding it hard pressed to find any of the ingredients needed for the recipes posted.

I ordered some Dr Mercola protein powder and so have been making a lot of protein cakes, other than that I can only dream. Can anyone reccomend a website I could order some ingredients from or suggest any simple recipes that require minimal speciality ingredients?
Thanks heaps :)

raechel @the rebel grrl kitchen

These all look soooo delicious! I love fall foods! Also, I made your No-Bake Pumpkin Tarts last fall for a dinner party and they were a hit! So yummy!

shuhan

What a great list, so glad I stumbled upon it! My favourite easy go-to is a baked apple, topped with some yogurt and nuts and honey but I get bored of it by mid-fall. I’m already planning ahead for chilly fall evenings when I get back to London next week, this is bookmarked for sure!

Safe travels home!

Beth @ Tasty Yummies

Wow yes please to one of each of these. Thanks ;)
Each one looks better than the last. I am on a major fall food kick right now, 1 day into the season and it is all I can think about! I will definitely be trying some of these asap! Thanks Leanne.

And will most certainly be making your tarts! My gosh, they look so amazingly delicious.

d

I know people like gluten free recipes for health reasons but if you are cooking for those with the allergy please beware. Oats are a primary gluten allergen And anything with them can cause serious allergic reactions!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing that tidbit! I’ve since gone oat-free, even with uncontaminated oats, my digestion was still majorly affected. Thanks for bringing that to everyone’s attention :)