- 1/4 cup raw buckwheat groats
- 6 medjool dates
- 6 tablespoon raisins
- 3 tablespoon pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup coconut butter, melted
- 1/4 cup cashews, soaked
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract or 1/4 teaspoon vanilla powder
- Soak the cashews for at least 4 hours. Drain, rinse and set aside.
- Pulse buckwheat, dates, raisins, and pecans in the bowl of your processor until the pecans are crushed and dried fruit is broken down.
- Press the mixture into 6 tart cups (I used silicon muffin cups). Set aside.
- Place filling ingredients in the bowl of your processor, or blender and pulse until smooth. There should not be chunks of cashews!
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared cups.
- Place cups on a plate and cover with plastic wrap. Allow to freeze for 1.5 hours or so before removing from the mold. If able, serve right away. If not, cover with plastic wrap and return to the freezer. Mine stayed in the freezer for over 24 hours and they were just fine.
- Allow to thaw for 5-10 minutes before serving with coconut whipped cream or a dash of ground cinnamon.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
To make paleo, or grain-free use extra crushed nuts (almonds, walnuts, or pecans) instead of buckwheat groats
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 303
- Calories from Fat: 121
- Total Fat: 13.4
- Saturated Fat: 7.4 g
- Sodium: 9 mg
- Carbs: 45.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 6.2 g
- Net Carbs: 39.5 g
- Sugars: 29.1 g
- Protein: 4.1 g