- 1 cup egg whites
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup lite canned coconut milk
- 2 teaspoon xylitol or 20 drops of liquid stevia
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon natural almond extract
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground flax seed
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat.
- Place dry ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until combined. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine all wet ingredients with a hand mixer.
- Add dry to wet and mix until just incorporated, about 20 seconds.
- Let the batter sit for 1-2 minutes to thicken up
- Scoop ~2 tablespoon piles of the batter using a tablespoon, leaving 1 inch between each stack – I stacked each tablespoon on top of one another to get really fluffy muffin tops. To do so, put a tablespoon of batter down on prepared baking sheet and then put another tablespoon directly on top of that one then move on to the next pile.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean and/or the edges are slightly golden. Mine were absolutely perfect at 19 minutes.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Alternatively, the batter can be used to make mini muffins too. Yields 24 mini muffins. Bake at the same temperature for 14-16 minutes. Mine were perfect at 15 minutes.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 218
- Calories from Fat: 147
- Total Fat: 16.3
- Saturated Fat: 13.6 g
- Sodium: 188 mg
- Carbs: 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4 g
- Net Carbs: 5.1 g
- Sugars: 1.1 g
- Protein: 8.8 g