- 2/3 cup non-dairy milk – I used unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup egg whites or 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon freshly ground flax + 3 tablespoon water)
- 1 tablespoon blackstrap molasses
- 1 tablespoon chia seed
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free pure vanilla extract
- 10 drops vanilla stevia or 2 tablespoon xylitol – see note
- 2/3 cup chickpea flour
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Combine almond milk and chia and allow to sit for 10 minutes – this will get the chia all gelatinous and good for your digestion. Alternatively, allow the chia to soak overnight in the milk, then add to the recipe.
- Preheat a small non-stick pan on medium-low heat for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl, then add to the wet ingredients.
- Stir until just mixed.
- Pour ¼ of the mixture into the preheated pan. Allow the first side to cook for 3-4 minutes, or until bubbles form and the edges begin to turn golden.
- Flip and allow to cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Place completed pancake on cooling rack and repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with melted coconut oil, maple syrup, chopped apple and pecans.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Feel free to replace the xylitol with 2 tablespoons of another type of sweetener. Palm sugar, honey, maple syrup or demerara sugar would all be good choices.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 323
- Calories from Fat: 60
- Total Fat: 6.6
- Saturated Fat: 0.6 g
- Sodium: 117 mg
- Carbs: 47.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 14.3 g
- Net Carbs: 33.1 g
- Sugars: 7.4 g
- Protein: 16.3 g