- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon white rice flour
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon brown rice flour
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoon tapioca starch – see note
- 3 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1/2 cup blackstrap molasses
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk – I used unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup grape seed oil – see note
- 3 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoon + 2 teaspoon egg whites or 1 egg, or 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax + 1 tablespoon water)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 8×8 square pan with parchment paper so that it’s draping off both sides. Set aside.
- Place all dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside
- In a large bowl, combine all wet ingredients.
- Drop dry ingredients into wet and stir until just combined. The mix should be runny.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake in prepared oven for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Ours were perfect at the 43 minute mark.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before removing from the pan and placing it on a wire rack to cool.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
I’m sure other starches would work in place of the tapioca starch. Like arrowroot or potato, although I have not tried it.
Other light tasting oils would work as a replacement to the grapeseed oil.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 102
- Calories from Fat: 7
- Total Fat: 0.8
- Sodium: 13 mg
- Carbs: 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1 g
- Net Carbs: 21.8 g
- Sugars: 12 g
- Protein: 1.3 g