A keto shopping list of the best fats to eat when you’re keto. Each of these best fats are rated on their smoke point so you can AVOID free radical damage and the risks associated with it, including immune disorders, neurodegenerative diseases, cardiovascular disease, cancer, and more.
There are so many oils out there that it can be dizzying to try and figure out which ones to use, why, when, how, etc.
If the wrong oil is used for the job – say you’re sauteing oil with a smoke point of 177°C or 350°F, you’re going to burn the HECK out of your food.
I’m sure all of us at one point has burnt our food because we chose the wrong oil for the job. My first couple of months with keto had its fair share of burnt things. Over the years, I’ve developed a list of my favorite keto oils for cooking, light finishing, and salad dressings so that my food no longer burns… at least not because I used the wrong oil.
Today’s video runs you through a definitive list of every safe keto oil, their smoke points, and how I like to use them. So…if you’re as clueless as I was about what oils to use, and when, or you’re unsure of which oils are the best for your health, it’s a must-watch.
Then next week, I’ll be running through the oils we should be using sparingly and ones to never, ever consume. Or, at least avoid as much as possible.
Are the fats you use on the list?
For video transcript PDF, scroll down.
Your Mini Guide & Transcript
A 5-10 page PDF with the transcript for this video, resources, and exclusive steps to taking your fat burning to the next level. Download to your device and access anytime.
Simply click the button above, enter your details, and the guide will be delivered to your inbox!
- Why cooking with the wrong oil is bad for your health
- Smoke points of the best keto oils
- The omega-6 to omega-3 ratios of common oils
- How to use oils when you’re on the keto diet
- Pre-order my paperback book and receive a food sensitivity guide, access to my private Facebook group, and more.
- RSVP for the book tour
- Rock your high-fat life with The Keto Bundle
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Products: refined avocado oil, refined olive oil, ghee, palm kernel oil, palm fruit oil, hazelnut oil, tallow, macadamia nut oil, schmaltz chicken fat, duck fat, goose fat, cacao butter/oil, lard, butter, coconut oil, unrefined avocado oil, extra-virgin olive oil, almond oil, MCT oil
Which of these fats are your favorites? And, how do you use them on a daily basis? Let’s chat about it in the comments!