Lots of cyclical ketogenic resources to help show you how to do a keto carb up, why it may be a game changer, and take your keto awesomeness to the next level!
Carbs are not all bad (*gasp*). However, eating too many carbs can cause a plethora of problems, from blood sugar spikes to digestion problems. You probably already know this… and you know it’s not fun.
Carb ups (also known as cyclical ketosis), a strategy one can practice on a ketogenic diet, are when you eat more carbs, on a ketogenic diet. And, there are specific strategies to doing this right while doing keto. By adding a carb up practice to your keto diet, you have the potential to encourage your body to heal, overcome plateaus, balance hormones, and more.
To show you why you want to carb up, and how to do it, I’ve put together a bunch of resources to help guide you through carbing up while still rockin’ it at keto! In these resources you’ll find lots of helpful info on:
- What a carb up is
- When you should carb up
- How many carbs are in a keto carb up
- Examples of keto carb ups and cyclical ketosis
- Keto meal plans with a cyclical ketogenic practice
- Good carb up recipes
PODCAST: KETO CARB UPS 101
Okay, let’s start with the basics of carbing up with keto. The hardest part is usually just figuring out how to get started. Once you get past that, you’re golden. Everyone is different so it’s good to arm yourself with enough information to know if carbing up on a keto diet is something that’s right for you.
- What a carb up is
- Your body during and after a carb up
- How to know if carb ups are right for you
VIDEO: TIME TO CARB UP? SIGNS TO WATCH FOR + HOW TO DO IT
Plateauing with weight loss on keto? Need to balance out your hormones? There are several signs that you might need a carb up, and this video will explain those signs so you can be prepared. Watch this video to learn if carb ups are right for you!
- Boosting your carb intake on a high-fat, low-carb eating style with cyclical ketosis
- Strategies for how to carb up on keto
- What not to do in carb ups
- Tips for keto success!
VIDEO: 10 CARB UP MEALS (HOW + WHY YOU SHOULD CARB UP)
In this video, I give you 10 examples of what a carb up looks like (with pictures), how I carb up and why you should, too. I also explain what a carb up is and who might benefit from carb ups, so whether you’re just starting to try carb ups with keto, or you’re a seasoned keto veteran and would just like some more ideas, this is a great resource for you!
- What is a keto carb up?
- Benefits of carbing up on keto
- Who should carb up?
- Women and carbing up on keto
- Timed carbohydrates
- Ketogenic meal ideas for carb ups
VIDEO: OUR FAT FUELED PLATES – DOING A CARB UP ON KETO!
On this recorded Periscope video, I show you around my kitchen and give you a personal example of a carb up that I made for myself.
- Recipe for a hot or cold carb up keto dinner
- Why are carb ups important in keto?
- Balanced Keto meal plans! (with 10% off coupon)
- Why I don’t like sunflower oil
VIDEO: A DAY OF EATING KETO (WITH A CARB UP)
If you’ve ever wanted to just follow me around and see the keto meals I eat, I figured out how to let you do that without all the travel expenses and the creepy factor. Basically, I recorded myself anytime I prepared any keto meals for the entire day with a glorious “carb up” at night.
- Keto Breakfast: brisket, kale pate, zucchini sticks, and salad
- Keto Lunch: green coconut curry, spaghetti squash, and cabbage
- Keto Dinner: brisket, potatoes, carrots, and sweet basil pate
BALANCED KETO WEEKLY MEAL PLANS
These awesome keto meal plans take out the time-consuming stress and preparation that you have to go through to successfully rock at keto. I’ve taken all of the latest proven, tested and real-world applied research and packed it into already planned meals, pre-made shopping lists, and invaluable tips to keep you on track. It’s all dairy-free, whole food-based and Fat Fueled approved! When you sign up today, you’ll receive a weekly email that includes…
- 7 days of ketogenic meal plans
- Complete (and organized) shopping lists
- Helpful keto hints and tips to guide you
- Allergen guides and alternatives
- Low-FODMAP, dairy-free, grain-free, nightshade-free, egg-free, and nut-free alternatives
- Plans for keto breakfast, lunch, dinner, and even snacks!
- Carb up practices for balancing hormones and breaking plateaus
- Quick 5-minute recipes to save you time
- The “entire family” guide to making a low-carb, high-fat diet work for everyone
Every week, you’ll receive a weekly guide made with lots of love via email to help you reach your keto success without having to stress! It includes absolutely everything you need to know to successfully follow a low-carb, high-fat diet – from what to shop for and how to prepare meals to how to stay on track, motivated, and moving forward, no matter how busy you are!
PODCAST: EGG FASTING, CARB UP FOODS, AND FIBER INTAKE ON KETO
In this keto podcast, we answer your questions on whether egg fasts are safe, what foods to use in a carb up, and how to navigate fiber on keto. Carbing up can be really helpful, but not all carbs are created equal! Listen to this podcast to learn about how to choose your carb up foods.
- Egg fasting
- Carb up foods
- Fiber intake and keto
PODCAST: FOOD CHEATS, BAD DAIRY, AND LOW-CARB FOR 2 YEARS
In this keto podcast, we answer your questions on incorporating carbs after being low-carb for over 2 years, how to go dairy-free (and why you want to), and the relationship between you and your ‘food cheats.’
Many people have been doing the whole keto thing without incorporating carb ups. So if you’re one of those who are interested in trying it out (I totally recommend at least trying), check this podcast out to learn how to start incorporating carb ups in your ketogenic diet.
- Carb up after 2+ years low-carb
- Is dairy bad?
- Food cheats
There you have it… tons of keto resources all about carb ups in the ketogenic diet! If you found this information helpful to you or you still have questions, leave me a comment below or check out past keto question and answer sessions.