Put your low-carb, keto greens powder to work and blast cravings with these dairy-free, keto truffles, made with absolutely NO SUGAR. The perfect low-carb, keto delight. Just 3 nourishing ingredients, topped with your favorite superfoods.
By now, many of the women in our (awesome) Healthful Pursuit community would agree that no matter how clean our keto diets are, we need a little boost of nutrients from supplementation. I’m not talking about oodles of pills and concoctions, just a couple of power items to really make a difference. I wrote more about this in the recent blog post, No Matter How Clean Your Diet Is We All Need This… if you’re interested.
Genuine Health, Greens+O is my keto power supplement. It’s a greens powder specifically formulated for people with food allergies. There’s no wheat, gluten, dairy, soy, it’s GMO-free, low-carb, keto, and it’s highly accessible. Most grocery stores carry it. Check out the ingredients in Greens+O.
- aids in the digestion and absorption of certain carbohydrates
- provides vitamins, minerals and eliminates toxins
- manages good gut flora and prevents gas, bloating and constipation
- prevents allergies by balancing body systems
- provides vital support for your immune system
All of those awesome things, from 1 quick and easy daily routine.
But sometimes you don’t feel like drinking water mixed with greens powder. Or, maybe you do… but I don’t. What I do love? Little keto treats to help me stay on track, to empower me to stay the course and be kind to my body – a treat, that makes you feel GOOD. No guilt, just good.
Maybe you’re familiar with the self-sabotaging feelings often connected with your nutrition? You’re doing good, life is awesome, things are running smoothly and then, BAM! You’re hit with the deprivation, restricted, lack-stick. You’re not alone. And so, when this happens, we have 2 choices. 1) Go all sabotage-esque harming your health out of pure resistance to dealing with our feelings or 2) Let the feelings bubble up, feel them, and then forgive ourselves.
9 times out of 10, when I’m feeling deprived it’s because I have “restriction” set in my mind, a 1-way track of “can’t, can’t, can’t” and for no logical reason at all.
Eating well isn't about struggling, deprivation or "pushing through it", it's about loving, learning and thriving - via @be_healthful
Thankfully, all it takes is instilling a bit of freedom in our lives to set things straight. For me, this is standing out in the sun with my arms stretched wide, running in the wind, rolling in the grass…
And once I’m done getting my freedom on, I make keto treats (like this one!) that I know will do my body good. Because when I feel nourished, balanced and rich with delicious keto options, the lack-stick goes knocking on another door.
Feel good about making these keto treats for yourself. Greens+O is a fabulous low-carb, keto product, perfect for all us allergy and keto foodies out there. Place a couple keto fat bombs on your plate, stand in the sunshine, and be thankful that we can feed our bodies in this way. Beautiful greens powder, simple ingredients… freedom-generating, through and through!
- 1 ½ cups (140 grams) unsweetened medium-shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons (20 grams) greens+ O powder, vanilla flavor *see note
- ½ cup extra-virgin coconut oil, at room temperature
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- Hemp hearts
- Chia seeds
- Unsweetened medium-shredded coconut
- Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. If you’re going to add toppings to your truffles, place a couple of tablespoons of topping ingredients in separate small bowls and set aside.
- Add coconut and greens powder to the bowl of your stand mixer or food processor with dough blade, or a large bowl and use a handheld mixer. Mix until coconut is covered in greens, then add coconut oil.
- Mix until everything is combined. The mixture should hold together nicely.
- Scoop dough, about 1 tablespoon at a time, into the palm of your hand. Roll lightly and place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough. Mixture should make 14 truffles.
- Once completed, transfer baking sheet to the fridge to cool for 15 minutes.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for 5 days, or freezer for 2 months.
Various flavors: if you want to do a half-batch of chocolate like I did, separate the dough in half and add 2 tablespoons of cacao powder to the half, mix to combine, then follow the instructions.
View Nutrition Information (once on page, scroll down)
The dough should hold together, lightly and look like this picture below. You don’t need to roll the keto balls firmly. Just toss between your fingers until a ball is shaped, then more on to the remaining batter.
My favorite thing about creating this recipe was how soft my hands were after! So much keto-tastic coconut oil, all up in my fingers and cuticals.
If you’re looking for this recipe to replace your daily dose of greens powder, the recipe calls for 20 grams, that’s about 3 servings of greens powder. The recipe makes 14 keto truffles, so that’s about 4-5 truffles per serving. The nutrition information for this dairy-free, keto truffle recipe outlines the stats for 1 keto truffle. Do with it as you wish!
What supplements do you take daily to balance your nutrition?
Do you experience feelings of lack when it comes to your keto eating style or relationship with food? What strategies do you use to switch your perception?