Dairy-free, keto coconut curry made with keto full-fat coconut milk, chicken thighs and fresh vegetables. Adorned with a dollop of keto cilantro mint herb pate – sauteed spinach, cilantro, mint and lime juice.
My best friend’s sister, Elizabeth, made this dairy-free, keto curry for us a couple of weeks ago and I went crazy for it. Seriously crazy. It’s so darn good, and perfect for the potentially chilly weather ahead.
With a couple of tweaks, this keto version is lower FODMAP – the original keto recipe calls for 4 cloves of garlic, 2 red onions and 1 head of broccoli. I couldn’t imagine this keto recipe with all of those things, but if garlic and onions aren’t an issue for you, feel free to add them into this keto dish.
This low-carb, keto curry recipe is whipped up in just one pot (you could use it in your Instant Pot, too!) and uses no “fancy” ingredients. You can find many of the keto ingredients for this healthy, keto curry in the Ethnic aisle of your local grocery store, and all the fresh, keto ingredients should be easy to get your paws on.
Best topped with a (ginormous) dollop of my Keto Cilantro Mint Herb Pate.
Seriously, you can’t skip the keto pate.
- 1.5 pounds (680 grams) boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon grey sea salt
- 27oz (800mL) full-fat coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups chopped green cabbage, or more zucchini
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 4 green onions, green part only
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- A batch of Cilantro Mint Herb Pate
- Add chicken, curry paste, coconut oil and sea salt to a large saucepan. Saute on medium heat until outer pieces are white and interior is still pink.
- Add coconut milk and fish sauce. Cover, increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook your spaghetti squash. Regardless of the method you choose, cut the squash in half lengthwise. My favorite is steaming in my Instant Pot for 10 minutes on the “steam” setting. (Use coupon code HEALTHFUL for $10 off your Instant Pot. If you do not have an Instant Pot, you could steam on your stovetop for 30 minutes. Or place in a 400F oven in a casserole dish with 1-inch of water, cover and cook for 25 minutes. Shred and divide between 4 bowls.
- For the curry, add tomatoes, green cabbage,
zucchiniand onions. Cover and cook on low for another 10 minutes.
- Pour the coconut curry over top the squash bowls, add a dollop of pate and serve.
View Nutrition Information (once on page, scroll down)
Add the green curry paste to the pot of chicken thigh pieces and saute until white on the outside, but still pink on the inside.
Add the coconut milk, one can at a time. You could use low-fat coconut milk in this keto recipe… but why would you want to?
Once the milk and chicken mixture has cooked for 15 minutes or so, add all of the fresh veggies. Cover and cook for another 10 minutes.
Dig into the keto goodness!