Welcoming My 26th Year
May 13, 2012 by
June 9, 2015
Kevin and I headed out to the mountains yesterday morning for a hike and lunch at our favorite restaurant
in Canmore to officially celebrate my birthday.
We were supposed to go out for a wine tasting and visit to the new Science Center in Calgary on my actual birthday this week, but Kevin ended up having to work late into the night which resulted in me spending most of the evening eating lentil granola
and watching reruns of The Big Bang Theory. It wasn’t exactly what I had in mind, but was still special in it’s own way.
I’ve always seen my birthday as an opportunity to be proud of what I’ve accomplished in the previous year, appreciate my life, and set new goals for the following year. Before the following year starts, I like to set an overall theme of what I’d like to accomplish,
- My 23rd year was focused on growing and expanding.
- My 24th year was about getting to know and love myself.
- My 25th year was about taking risks, jumping into new opportunities and staying true to me and the important things in life.
And wouldn’t you know it, these themes always speak to what I end up experiencing come the end of the year!
for my 25th year were:
- Learning to believe in myself. If something feels right, do it no matter how scary it is CHECK
- Continue to work on my blog CHECK
- Start meditating CHECK
- Escape for a couple of days CHECK and CHECK
- Run a half marathon CHECK
- Eat more whole foods CHECK
- Go on a scuba vacation with Kevin CHECK
- Nurture my relationship with Kevin CHECK
Needless to say, 25 rocked my socks off. A trip to an ashram in Nelson BC, a diving vacation off the coast of the Dominican Republic, quitting my full-time job, going to India… I definitely took risks, jumped into opportunities head first, and stayed true to who I was.
26? Bring it on!
I sense that this year is going to involve connecting with influential teachers and individuals to take my skills to the next level. I’m not exactly what it will look like, but I think I’m going to learn a lot about the world around me over the next 365 days.
Some of my goals include:
- Expand my education in holistic nutrition.
- Get back into dancing. I quit dancing over 8 years ago and miss it terribly. One of the strong feelings I had in India (along with leaving my job) was to start dancing again.
- Learn how to sing. Get a vocal coach and belt out those tunes!
- Take care of animals. Elephants, tigers, insects, whatever…
- Go on a scuba vacation with Kevin somewhere amazing like Egypt, Australia or Thailand.
- Believe in myself and my ability to run my own business.
- Accept change unconditionally.
- Trust my gut on what to do next.
- Study something new.
Here’s to continuing to live life through passion, love, and lessons!
This entry was tagged: birthday, goals