A deliciously fatty decaf coffee, chilled and blended with MCT oil powder, supercharged with Chaga Mushroom Elixir to support your immune system and help you tackle the day ahead!
Mushroom elixirs are all the rage lately, and for good reason: from energy and stamina, to concentration and memory, relaxation, daily wellness, immune support, and beyond — there’s a mushroom elixir for everything!
In today’s recipe, I’m using the Four Sigmatic Chaga Mushroom Elixir, but you can use any elixir that you want! If you’re curious which elixir does what, here’s a run down:
- Chaga – jam packed with antioxidant properties that will help support your daily wellness, energy levels, as well as support your immune system. Drinking a cup a day helps to support your whole body health. Drink this in the morning!
- Cordyceps – Cordyceps elixirs support your energy, stamina and athletic performance. Studied mostly for their strong antioxidant properties. Drink before a workout, or any time you need an extra pep in your step!
- Lions Mane – Lion’s Mane elixirs help you to focus! The brain-supporting benefits of this mushroom have been studied for centuries. Drinking Lion’s Mane daily helps support your memory and can also assist you with concentration. Benefits also include nervous system and cognitive function support. Drink earlier in the day, whenever you need to plow through a task that requires focus.
- Reishi – Need to relax? If you consume continuous small doses, reishi has been shown to support your body’s sleep cycles. Reishi mushroom is one of the most studied mushrooms shown to activate sleep cycles. Drink before bed and wake up feeling refreshed!
Now, there are so so many ways that you can incorporate elixirs, from adding to fatty coffees, mixing into your keto breakfast pudding, keto milkshakes, and more. They have a mild taste and are almost undetectable in these recipes, so anything goes.
The easiest if you ask me? Adding to coffee… because who doesn’t love a cup a joe sometime throughout the day?
I didn’t use just any coffee for the recipe, but opted for Four Sigmatic Decaf Mushroom Coffee, a blend of swiss water decaf and relaxing reishi mushrooms to provide the taste of caffeine, but without the stimulating effects.
OK, let’s get to this recipe! I made this on my kitchen table… enjoy!
What I didn’t mention in the video? Four Sigmatic is offering 15% off to everyone in the US when you order any of their health-boosting mushroom goods with the coupon code KETO at checkout.
And of course, it wouldn’t be a fatty coffee without a generous helping of fat — I used MCT oil powder because it’s my favorite.
This recipe will fulfill the hankering for coffee, get your brain moving with a good dose of fat, and keep you satiated so you can go forth and be awesome.
Ready to make your own? Let’s get to the recipe…
- Combine the brewed coffee, MCT oil powder, chaga powder, and exogenous ketones in a jug, jar, or French press. Mix well. Transfer to a large glass at least 16 fl oz (475 ml) in size, add an ice cube and enjoy!
View Nutrition Information (once on page, scroll down)