5 minute breakfast cake made with gluten-free quinoa flakes, homemade vegan eggnog and apple sauce. Quick, easy, healthy and delicious!
Have you tried quinoa flakes?
Oh, you must… before the year is up!
Quinoa flakes are similar to quick oats. They’re granules of quinoa that have been pressed thin. They cook a lot quicker than regular quinoa and retain less of their texture when they’re cooked.
Quinoa is loaded with protein, heart-healthy fats, bone strengthening minerals and anti-inflammatory phytonutrients.
And the cool thing? Quinoa flakes can be used as the main ingredient in these highly nutritious, super simple, ultra fantastically vegan breakfast cakes that I like to call Quinoa Flake Bakes.
1. 5 minute Apple Quinoa Flake Bake 2. Double Chocolate Crunch Quinoa Flake Bake 3. 5 minute Banana Chocolate Chip Quinoa Flake Bake 4. 5 minute Blueberry Quinoa Flake Bake with Lemon Cream 5. Pumpkin Spice Quinoa Flake Bake
And now, we’ll add to the list of healthy quinoa breakfast cakes with this, Vegan Eggnog Quinoa Flake Bake!
- Combine ingredients in a small bowl. Stir until fully mixed.
- Transfer mixture to a lightly oiled ramekin that holds at least 1-1/2 cups.
- The cake can either be baked in the oven, 350F for 20-25 minutes, or in the microwave, 2 minutes or until the cake pulls away from the sides of the dish.
- When complete, top with sliced fruit, nuts and perhaps a drizzle of Vegan Eggnog Coffee Creamer.
Eggnog Creamer: if you don’t want to make the creamer, you can add 2 tablespoons of eggnog or, add 2 tablespoons of extra apple sauce.
You can use any microwave and/or oven safe ramekin for this recipe. You could pretty it up by using something like this.
I’m planning to prepare these cakes on Christmas morning for Kevin and I.
Have you decided what you’ll be making for breakfast on Christmas morning?