- 2 cups frozen broccoli, lightly steamed and drained
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- ½ cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 batch dairy-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1 batch dairy-free shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F and set out a 6 cup casserole dish. There’s need to oil the dish.
- Steam broccoli for a couple of moments to defrost. Chop into bite-size pieces and lay in the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Meanwhile, saute onion, mushrooms and garlic with 1 teaspoon of oil for 5 minutes, until golden. Spread on top of the broccoli.
- Add chickpeas on top, then mushroom soup, then cheese topping.
- Place in the oven, uncovered, for 45 minutes.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
For the cream of mushroom soup – I used homemade sunflower milk instead of almond milk, added 1 cup cauliflower to make it thicker and doubled the onion powder.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 294
- Calories from Fat: 84
- Total Fat: 9.4
- Saturated Fat: 3.5 g
- Sodium: 513 mg
- Carbs: 42 g
- Dietary Fiber: 13.4 g
- Net Carbs: 28.6 g
- Sugars: 9.1 g
- Protein: 17 g