- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 2/3 cup unsweetened original almond milk
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan rock salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups diced white mushrooms
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- Place cauliflower, milk, onion powder, salt and pepper in a small saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 7-8 minutes, until cauliflower is softened. Then, puree using a food processor, immersion blender or blender.
- Meanwhile, add oil, mushrooms and onion to a medium-sized saucepan. Heat over high heat until onions are translucent and beginning to brown, about 8 minutes.
- Add pureed cauliflower mixture to sauteed mushrooms. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes, until thickened.
- Serve immediately.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 95
- Calories from Fat: 36
- Total Fat: 4
- Sodium: 475 mg
- Carbs: 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.4 g
- Net Carbs: 7.9 g
- Sugars: 4.9 g
- Protein: 4.9 g