- 1 small butternut squash, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 cup nut or seed milk – I used my cashew milk
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup dried ginger, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly oil a baking sheet with a dab of coconut oil.
- Remove the seeds from inside the squash and lay face down on the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast the squash in the oven for 50-60 minutes, depending on its size. To test whether or not it’s done, insert a knife. the knife should slide in easily.
- Meanwhile, add shredded coconut to a medium frying pan. Heat pan on medium-low heat, rotating the coconut every couple of seconds until lightly toasted, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Once squash is complete, allow to cool slightly. Flip over and gently scoop into 4 separate bowls. Do not mash. Just scoop.
- Top bowls with cashew milk, toasted coconut and ginger.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 206
- Calories from Fat: 104
- Total Fat: 11.5
- Saturated Fat: 4.6 g
- Sodium: 12 mg
- Carbs: 25.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.5 g
- Net Carbs: 21.3 g
- Sugars: 4.8 g
- Protein: 4.6 g