- 2 egg yolks
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup macadamia nut oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons curry powder (I used my homemade curry powder)
- pinch to 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 cups shredded red cabbage
- 4 cups shredded green cabbage
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- ¾ cup finely chopped sweet onion
- ½ cup packed roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon brown or yellow mustard seeds
- Add curry mayonnaise ingredients to the bowl of your food processor or blender. Blend until smooth and set aside.
- Add all coleslaw ingredients to a large bowl. Drizzle with mayonnaise, stir to coat, and serve immediately or store in the fridge, covered, to chill for a couple of hours.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
To make vegan: replace egg yolks with additional 3 tablespoons of oil.
To make nut-free: replace macadamia oil with extra-virgin olive oil.
To boost the protein: add sprouted beans, cooked chickpeas or cubes of firm tofu.
To reduce fat: replace some of the oil with water.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 232
- Calories from Fat: 149
- Total Fat: 16.6
- Saturated Fat: 1.9 g
- Cholesterol: 105> mg
- Sodium: 52 mg
- Carbs: 20 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5.9 g
- Net Carbs: 14.1 g
- Sugars: 10.9 g
- Protein: 4.3 g