- 2 tablespoons whole coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon whole mustard seeds
- 1 piece of cinnamon bark (3-inch section)
- 10 whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3-4 whole red chilli’s or 1/4 to 1 teaspoon ground cayenne (depending on ability to handle heat)
- Add coriander, cumin and mustard seeds to a small cast iron frying pan. Toast on medium heat for 2-3 minutes until golden. Continue to shake the pan to prevent from burning.
- Drop into the cup of your coffee grinder and add cinnamon bark and cloves. Grind until powdered.
- Add powdered mixture and remaining ingredients into a small bowl. Mix with a small spoon.
- Store in an air-tight container for up to 6 months.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
If you do not have cinnamon bark, use cinnamon sticks or 1/4 teaspoon of Saigon cinnamon
If you are sensitive to cayenne and peppers, try replacing cayenne with 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 30
- Calories from Fat: 12
- Total Fat: 1.3
- Sodium: 6 mg
- Carbs: 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.5 g
- Net Carbs: 2.9 g
- Protein: 1.2 g