- 2 cups chilled homemade nut or seed milk or herbal tea, divided
- 2 ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or MCT oil
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon ground vanilla bean
- 4 drops alcohol-free stevia
- 1 teaspoon Natural Vitality CALM, orange flavor
- Add 1 cup fresh milk; I used almond milk, along with ice cubes, oil, turmeric, vanilla and stevia in the jug of your high-powered blender. Blend on high for a couple of seconds, until ice has broken up.
- Add in CALM and blend for 2-3 seconds. Depending on the temperature, the mixture will foam and become thick. Stop blender, add in remaining nut or seed milk. Place the lid on and shake to combine.
- Serve immediately.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Milk: can be replaced completely, or partially, with brewed herbal tea of your choice.
Ground Turmeric: if you have fresh, use fresh!
Ground Vanilla Bean: replace with ground cinnamon if you’d like!
Coconut Oil: if coconut oil is used, the coconut oil will harden because this drink is cold. If MCT oil is used, the oil will not harden.
CALM Magnesium Powder: this drink is tasty without it if you don’t have CALM in your pantry… yet.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 201
- Calories from Fat: 186
- Total Fat: 20.7
- Saturated Fat: 12.4 g
- Sodium: 360 mg
- Carbs: 4.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.2 g
- Net Carbs: 2.5 g
- Protein: 2.1 g