- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil
- 1 large yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 3 teaspoons Homemade Curry Powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 1/2 cup chopped apples (I used a mixture of McIntosh and Spartan)
- 6 cups gluten-free vegetable broth
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 batch of Curried Chickpeas
- Heat oil in a large saucepan on medium heat. Add chopped onion and garlic. Cook for approximately 4 minutes, until soft and rotate frequently.
- Add curry powder, ginger and cinnamon. Continue cooking for another 1 minute.
- Add remaining ingredients. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and puree using an inversion blender, food processor or blender.
- Serve hot with optional topping of Curried Chickpeas and a couple of pieces of apples coated with a pinch of curry powder.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 134
- Calories from Fat: 36
- Total Fat: 4
- Saturated Fat: 3.4 g
- Sodium: 1568 mg
- Carbs: 23.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5.5 g
- Net Carbs: 17.6 g
- Sugars: 12.1 g
- Protein: 3.5 g