My favorite healthy (gluten-free and vegan) Halloween recipes from ant hills, to eyeballs and every brew in between.
Like you, I can’t believe that Halloween is right around the corner. This year is flying by faster than the last. My parents warned me this would happen as I aged. Ugh. No matter how old I am though, I still get excited for Halloween. The treats, the costumes, the trick-or-treaters, the whole day is brimming with activity… and sugar.
Between the candy you put off buying to the last minute so you won’t inhale the entire bag while watching reruns of Friends on a lonely Tuesday night, to the treats you prepare for your kids, the office, or a friends’ party – this is the beginning of a very long period of sugary “temptations” that last from now to… well, New Years Day.
It’s fabulous. I highly recommend you try it out. And here are a couple of my favorite Halloween recipes to help you get there.
Vegan and gluten-free caramel popcorn balls made with just 6 clean-eating ingredients and could just be mistaken for creepy-crawly ant hills.
5 ingredient chocolate cups filled with hard toffee. Just like a Skor bar but with no dairy or refined sugars.
Playful frozen ghost pops made with banana, coconut butter, and dried currants!
Pasta-stuffed peppers cut into jack-o-lanterns. Made with raw zucchini or brown rice spaghetti and smothered in a 5 minute simple raw red sauce.
Healthy Halloween Recipes from my Favorite Ladies…
- Raw Witches Fingers (pictured above) from Forks and Beans she has a gluten-free, dairy-free and egg-free Halloween Cookbook, too!
- Honey Caramel Apples from Nourished Kitchen
- Raw Chocolate Cat Cake Pops from Forks and Beans
- Peanut Butter Cups (almond butter can be used) from Bombshell Blueprint
- Widow’s Nest Spooky Vegan Pasta from Beard + Bonnet
- Chocolate Covered Stuffed Dates from Gourmande in the Kitchen
- Almond Coconut Chocolate Bites from Tasty Yummies
- Gluten-free & Grain-free (not vegan) Spiderweb Cupcakes from Texanerian Baking
Do you have plans for Halloween?
I’m flying to Victoria for a weekend workshop, chill session with my (soon to be) Mother-in-law, catch up with friends, and some heavy duty work meetings. Maybe I’ll bring along a pair of cat ears?