Perfectly creamy, velvety milk made from cashews. Perfect end-of-day drink when you’re on a juice cleanse.
Every 3 months, like clockwork, my body craves a juice cleanse. February, May, August and October. Year in and year out. It’s quite cool.
Last time I got the cleansing urge was in August. We had just moved from Montreal back to Calgary, Kevin was starting a new job, we were living at my parents house while we looked for a home AND we got engaged. My body was craving a cleanse but I just didn’t have the time, patience or attention span to dedicate a week of my life to making juices… so I tried something new – a kit cleanse. Have you heard of them?
Basically, you choose the type of juice cleanse you want to do (light, moderate, intense, that sort of thing), a company supplies you with your juices, and you cleanse… stress-free and juicer-free. If you’re leading a busy life, it’s quite the treat.
After a bit of reconnaissance work, I learned that Total Cleanse (a Toronto-based company) delivers their kit cleanses across Canada. Bonus! So, I treated myself to a 5-day Purify Cleanse to see if the kit-style cleanse could work for me. It was fabulous. So fabulous that I just HAD to do it again and share the experience with you.
(scroll down to the bottom of this post where Canadian residents can enter to win a 3-day Total Cleanse package of their very own!) –>> THE WINNER IS LEE ANN P.! THANKS FOR ENTERING EVERYONE ;)
Starting today, I’ll be bustin’ out 5 days of cleansing with my Total Cleanse kit cleanse. My juices are in the fridge (Total Cleanse juices – Green Energy, Lemonade and Red Energy), and I’m ready to rock this.
If you want to cleanse along with me, and aren’t down with the kit thing, check out these homemade Healthful Pursuit cleanses:
- 3-day juice and smoothie cleanse program
- 3-day juice cleanse program (complete with a shopping list)
- 2-week cleanse program
And the first recipe I think you should make? Cleanse or no cleanse… is this cleansing cashew milk recipe. Cashews are naturally low in carbohydrates, high in healthy fats, rich in protein and fibre and are cholesterol free. This milk helps to boost the metabolism, support energy production and flush the body of toxins during the cleansing process.
If on a juice cleanse, drinking 1/2 cup of this cashew milk at the end of each day is a GREAT idea!
To print, email or text this recipe, click here.
- 1 cup cashews, soaked for 4 hours
- 3 cups filtered water
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup or coconut nectar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- To soak cashews: add to a glass container and cover with water. Cover the container and place in the fridge for 4 hours. Once complete, pour into a strainer and rinse well.
- Add all ingredients to the jug of your high-powered blender and blend for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a glass container. Cover and chill for 4 hours.
- Makes approximately 3 cups, or 6 servings (1/2 cup per serving)
- Will keep for 3-4 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
View nutrition information (once on page, scroll down)