I’m not one to make New Year’s resolutions. In fact, I’m not sure I’ve ever made a resolution. But as 2011 was drawing a close I made a small promise to myself to get back to putting my health first.
2011 was full of ups and downs, new beginnings and endless work hours. Though I’m proud of my accomplishments, the sheer amount of work I committed to put my health on the back burner.
But no more, no, no. I’ve started to meditate in the morning, opt for a slightly less aggressive schedule, and bulk up my smoothies with whole food, super food ingredients.
Let the green smoothie adventures continue!
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon unpasteurized honey
- 1 teaspoon spirulina
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 3-6 ice cubes
- Place in your blender in the order of the ingredients listed, then blend for 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Potential changes:
- For additional fiber: add 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- To make vegan: replace honey with 1 medjool date
- For additional protein: remove the cacao powder and replace with chocolate protein powder
Is your health a priority for you?
What activities or practices do you add to your day to ensure you’re putting your health first?