Kevin and I love our breakfasts.
When we first started dating I would soak flax, oats, millet, and quinoa in a pot overnight and cook them up in the morning with some apple juice and maple syrup.
A couple of months later we were addicted to cinnamon buns.
Then, it shifted to porridge.
Then, french toast…
We went through an omelet phase that I swear lasted a year.
With 3 weekends of peach cobblers under our belt, it’s safe to say that this is our new favorite breakfast.
I have every intention to put cashew cream sauce [vegan “cream cheese” icing made with cashews] on top but forget every time.
I was halfway done yesterdays breakfast when I remembered that darn sauce. I stopped eating, grabbed the camera, took a picture, and resumed.
Sure, there’s no background and the quality sucks, but at least I got a picture.
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- ¼ cup non dairy milk – I used almond milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 medjool dates, pitted
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Generously oil two 1 cup ramekins with coconut oil and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine sliced peaches coconut sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and arrowroot. Mix gently and divide into prepared ramekins. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and reset to 375F.
- Meanwhile combine all pancake mix ingredients in your blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Pour batter over top of each ramekin and return to the oven for 35 minutes or until topping begins to crack.
- Serve warm with cashew cream sauce.
View Nutritional Information (once on page scroll down)
I die every time.
I can’t wait to try a strawberry rhubarb version! The opportunities are endless!
Do you have a favorite breakfast?
What was your favorite breakfast as a kid?
I loved Lucky Charms, but my parents only bought it when we were on summer holidays.
For every other day, my favorite was oatmeal + brown sugar.
Do you make an effort to have breakfast everyday?
Heck yes! I have a smoothie in the morning before the gym and follow it up with some of this.