A collection of vegan recipes to help you transition to solid foods after your juice cleanse.
Our 5-day juice cleanse with Total Cleanse has come to an end. Weee! That was fun. (A winner was selected for the Total Cleanse kit cleanse giveaway… check out this post to see if you won) Now it’s time to reintroduce solid food to my diet. Reintroducing food after a juice cleanse should be approached gently. Here’s the plan that I follow. If you eat grains, they can be added on day 5.
- Day 1: smoothies and juices
- Day 2: steamed vegetables, soft fruits (banana, ripe pears, stoned fruits), smoothies and juices
- Day 3: soaked nuts, seeds, steamed vegetables, fruit, smoothies and juices
- Day 4: eggs, white fish, soaked nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruit, smoothies and juices
Here are the cleansing recipes I’ll be using to get back into solid foods:
Green juice with a cooling aftertaste of fresh mint.
Get the north pole green juice recipe HERE.
6 simple ingredients make up this sweet and delicious smoothie. You can pack it full of veg and no one will know!
Get the green energy smoothie recipe HERE.
Make your own flax seed milk and get the benefits of the raw seed while saving a couple bucks!
Get the flax milk recipe HERE.
Get the tuna salad recipe HERE.
Get the sweet potato and fennel curry recipe HERE.
And, here are a couple of my go-to cleansing recipes from my favorite ladies…
- 3 Raw Juice Recipes from Gourmande in the Kitchen
- Virgin Apple Mojito (pictured above) from 80Twenty
- North Pole Green Juice from Healthful Pursuit
- Green Lemonade Juice from Gourmande in the Kitchen
- Happy Heart Beet from With Food + Love
- OJ Lean and Green from Healthful Pursuit
- Kale, Apple + Ginger Juice from So Lets Hang Out
Milks & Drinks
- Pumpkin Spiced Pepita Milk (pictured above) from Beard & Bonnet
- Spiced Persimmon Turmeric Tea from Gourmande in the Kitchen
- Can’t Beet This Smoothie from Healthful Pursuit
- Coconut Almond Milk from Beard & Bonnet
- Sunflower Seed Milk from Healthful Pursuit
- Warm Lemon Water Benefits from Tasty Yummies
- Creamy Green Smoothie from Tasty Yummies
- Green Chia Pear Smoothie from With Food + Love
- Apple, Fennel and Celery Salad from Gourmande in the Kitchen
- Brilliant Beet Slaw from Healthful Pursuit
- Tricolor Thai Salad from (pictured above) Cookin’ Canuck
- Fresh n’ Raw Pad Thai Salad from Healthful Pursuit
- Grated Cauliflower with Peppers, Carrots & Capers from Cookin’ Canuck
- Warm Lentil Salad from Tasty Yummies
- Brazil Nut Milk Chia Pudding (pictured above) from 80Twenty
- Broccoli and Chickpea Curry from Tasty Yummies
- Macro Greens Bowl from Healthful Pursuit
- Creamy Tomato and Kale Bisque from Cara’s Cravings
Interested in doing a whole foods-based cleanse as opposed to a juice cleanse? Check out this 2-week cleanse program complete with a downloadable recipe guide (make sure you have the most recent version of adobe reader installed on your computer so that you can click the images and grab the recipes).
If you’re struggling to remove gluten, dairy or sugar from your diet, Shelley, a close friend of mine, is running a 21-day gluten-free, dairy-free & sugar-free cleanse program, beginning November 4. The program is complete with live Q&A sessions, menu ideas, closed Facebook group and mp3 audio clips to guide you along the way. Check out the program HERE.