Goat Cheese Covered Grapes + 5 Quick ‘n Easy Appetizers

by Leanne Vogel (Healthful Pursuit) on October 3, 2012

I’m sure I’m not the only one that stuffs her face with so many mini meatballs during the appetizer portion of a dinner party that I lose interested in the main course.

I’m also positive that I’m not the only dinner party host that has stressed about making an elaborate appetizer table while juggling a main course, dessert, and drinks.

For me, the best appetizer recipe is one that tastes great, looks fabulous, and took me as little time as possible to prepare. The less energy you spend on appetizers means you’ll actually have time to iron your pants, perhaps comb your hair, and put on some deodorant before your guests arrive. Again, I can’t be the only one out there that’s forgotten to change clothes before people come to the door, right?

Some of my favorite make-ahead, quick (and healthy) appetizer recipes are:

Mini Tortilla Pizzas

Bacon Wrapped Dates

Bacon Wrapped Figs

Grilled Fennel Dippers

Stuffed Pizza Mushrooms

And now, another one to add to the list: the goat cheese covered grape.

3 ingredients, 5 minutes to prepare, make ahead of time, impress your guests.

No one will know that you made these ahead of time, or that they only took a couple of minutes. Ha, I love it!

Head on over to my Inspirations page on the Happy Days Dairies website for the recipe. And as always, all recipes I post over at Happy Days have step by step instructions.

And if your working surface doesn’t look like this when the recipe’s complete… you did it wrong. That, or you’re just too tidy!

Do you have a quick appetizer recipe you’d like to share? I’d love to see them!

Erica { EricaDHouse.com }

Woah – what an amazing idea! I love how simple the instructions are, even *I* can’t mess them up :)

Beth @ Tasty Yummies

YUM, these all look so delicious. I made your bacon wrapped figs with arugula and pistachios a couple of weeks ago for a dinner party and they were a huge hit. Your photos are so so beautiful Leanne.

Pffff, who needs a main course when you’ve got all of these!!! I never would have thought to put grapes and goat cheese together but you make it look amazing (and easy too!) I think my favourite app of all time has got to be Thai fresh spring rolls (http://bit.ly/KmHNDD). They’re about a million times better than the fried kind and SO easy to make at home!

I’ve made those grapes before! Well, similar grapes. My cheese mixture involved port wine for another layer of flavor. I catered a part last Christmas and served a huge bowl of them. People LOVED ‘em but they took forever to make.

Casey

Those look delicious- sweet and salty is always a good combo!

marla

Such a unique idea for grapes ~ pinned!

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance

Great ideas! I just did some stuffed mushrooms for an appetizer last week. I used parmesan and spinach. I really like the idea of pizza for them!

I love that you have grapes INSIDE the cheese! I love grapes + cheese; now I can just have two in one. Great idea!

Sarah @ Snap A Bite

Oooh, I am intrigued! A succulent grape inside cheese must be heavenly.
No appetizers on my blog yet but I’m working on it (after all, I only just started blogging ;)

Mathilda

Beautiful, it looks like salty daifukus !

Squash Blossom Babies

Oh my gosh, that is so funny…I JUST posted a recipe for goat cheese covered grapes with pistachios! Isn’t that just delicious! http://squashblossombabies.com/2012/10/03/chilled-grapes-wrapped-in-goat-cheese-and-crushed-pistachios/
By the way, I love all of your recipes!

Great minds think alike, that’s for sure!

cat

Those all look really tasty… Wish we were neighbors just in case you needed someone to take extras off your hands occasionally! :-) I also need to report back on the gingerbread (I made mini muffins). I saw someone almost a week later who was NOT at the event where I served them. She said someone else she knows who was there told her about the muffins and how great they were. :-) You are right. They were apparently an excellent choice for my first gluten-free baking experience! In fact, I’m making them for another function for Saturday now that I know how good and easy they were to prep. Have to report, too, that the potato skins did absolutely work for a mushroom substitute. You are an awesome support. Thanks!

Wow that’s awesome! You’ll be the talk of the town on no time :)