- 12 strips of freshly smoked pork or beef bacon (we got ours from Horizon Meats)
- 12 medjool dates
- 12 whole raw almonds
- 6 unsulfured dried apricots, cut in half lengthwise
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Cut a slit in each date and open the two sides up like a book. Remove the pit and replace with an almond and apricot slice. Close up and set aside.
- Cook strips of bacon on medium-low heat until fully cooked. You don’t want to over cook them or else you wont be able to roll them!
- Place the stuffed date on the thicker end of the strip of bacon and roll until the seam of the bacon is at the bottom of the roll. I like using the thicker strip at the beginning so the roll looks nicer.
- Place seam side down in a casserole dish and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
To make ahead of time: Complete up to step 4, cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days until ready to eat.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 135
- Calories from Fat: 30
- Total Fat: 3.3
- Saturated Fat: 0.9 g
- Cholesterol: 7> mg
- Sodium: 154 mg
- Carbs: 24.3 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.6 g
- Net Carbs: 21.7 g
- Sugars: 22.2 g
- Protein: 3.5 g