- 1 fennel bulb, sliced into triangles
- 1/4 teaspoon herbamare
- 1 batch of Sautéed Veggie Hummus
- Preheat your indoor (or outdoor) grill.
- To slice your fennel bulb for the perfect “dipper”, cut in half vertically. Then remove the core by cutting a triangle in the base of each 1/2 bulb. Begin removing layers as you would an onion and slice these layers into triangles. It wont be perfect, but I promise it will work out!
- Place fennel slices on the grill and sprinkle with herbamare. Close the top and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes. You still want the fennel to be crisp, so don’t leave it too long.
- Serve on a bed of veggie hummus and enjoy!
Spread the love, earn karma points:
For a quick version of sauteed veggie hummus try replacing the olive oil, garlic, onion, celery, carrot, and red pepper with 1 packet of gluten-free dry vegetable soup mix, like this one (contains corn). It’s not ideal, but when you’re racing against the clock, you gotta do what you gotta do!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 226
- Calories from Fat: 109
- Total Fat: 12.1
- Saturated Fat: 1.8 g
- Sodium: 594 mg
- Carbs: 22.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 9.3 g
- Net Carbs: 12.8 g
- Protein: 10.6 g