We had the laziest day yesterday.
I didn’t get out of my pajamas all day.
We played rock, paper, scissors on who got to brave the outdoors and head to Superstore for an essential toilet paper run.
I had two naps.
I meditated for 30 minutes instead of the usual 15 just because I could.
We watched a total of five movies.
My active recovery consisted of lugging the laundry down the stairs and then deciding I was too relaxed to commit to five loads. The basket is still sitting in the middle of the foyer this morning.
I had breakfast three times (read: I ate pancakes. For every meal).
My second breakfast; around 2pm, were these ridiculously simple pancake cobblers.
I’m just proud of myself for actually taking a couple of pictures of them before Kevin and I enjoyed them all cuddled up on the couch watching The Family Man.
Grain-free Apple Pancake Cobbler
Gluten free, Dairy free, Sugar-free, Yeast free, Corn free, Grain free
Single serving apple cobblers with a grain-free pancake topping.
Inspired by my Peach Pancake Cobbler
Yield: 2 mini-loaves
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 20 drops liquid stevia
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch ground nutmeg
- 2 apples, cored and sliced – do not remove the skin!
- 1 tbsp unpasteurized honey or maple syrup
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 425F and oil two oven safe ramekins with a dab of coconut oil. I used mini ceramic loaf pans.
- Place eggs, almond milk, coconut flour, oil, stevia, vanilla, baking powder and nutmeg in the bowl of your food processor or blender – I used my magic bullet. Blend until smooth and set aside to thicken up.
- Place all filling ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Stir to coat and divide evenly between the prepared ramekins or loaf pans.
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with the pancake mixture. Return back to the oven and bake for 20 minutes at 425F then reduce heat to 375 and cook for an additional 15 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes before digging in!
Lazy or not, I was ridiculously excited to finish taking pictures so I could enjoy these. Just look at that chunk of topping, all surrounded in caramelized apples.
I had originally planned on making four cakes, but stopped at two when I got too lazy to dice the additional apples.
Regretting that decision now while I sit here slurping on my green smoothie. It’s good; don’t get me wrong, but I could totally go for a cobbler right now.