Oh heavenly orange squash that marks the first day of Fall, how I’ve missed your versatility.
Pumpkins are filled with complex carbohydrates, fiber, anti-oxidants, and vitamin A… but I’ve been avoiding them.
I blame it on end-of-summer-denial syndrome. Yes, it’s something many of us struggle with *tear*
But in an effort to keep up with the times, I’ve packed up the patio furniture, changed out my closet, and bought me some pumpkin.
Fall, I’m ready for you.
I’ve enjoyed my fair share of pumpkin pie quinoa breakfast bake (for dinner),
filled my afternoon with slivers of pumpkin raspberry buckwheat bakes,
and sipped on pumpkin spice smoothies while catching up on my emails in the morning.
- 1 cup non-dairy milk – I used unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- ½ banana
- 1 tbsp raisins or ½ tsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp gluten-free, alcohol-free pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp ground ginger
- pinch ground nutmeg
- pinch ground cloves
- pinch all spice
- vegan coconut whipped topping – I used 2 tbsp honey and omitted the vanilla in this batch (optional)
- Place everything but whipped topping in the blender.
- Blend until smooth
- Pour into your favorite glass and place a couple tablespoons of coconut whipped cream on top.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon if you’d like!
Check out some other healthy snacks ideas.
And, what’s your favorite pumpkin recipe?
I have 10 cans of pumpkin to get through and could really use your help. I’m such a sucker for a good sale.