I think one of my favorite things about blogging has been forcing myself to come up with new snack ideas.
It’s been nice to start each week off with a tasty new snack, and this week was no exception.
There’s a slight banana flavor to these bars that’s just delicious. They’re just sweet enough, perfectly satisfying, and come in at just over 100 calories a bar. I’ve really enjoyed bringing them along with me as an afternoon workout snack. Just the dose of energy I need to get my muscles moving!
- ½ cup raw pumpkin seeds [pepitas]
- ½ cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 banana, mashed
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 medjool dates, pitted
- ½ teaspoon spirulina
- ulse pumpkin and sunflower seeds in food processor with “S” blade. Remove and place in a small bowl. Using same food processor bowl, blend banana and dates until smooth. Add pulsed seeds and all remaining ingredients to the bowl. Mix quickly with food processor before shaping mixture into small bars.
- Dehydrator version: place bars on teflex sheets and dehydrate for 8-10hrs at 105F. You’ll know the bars are done when they’re crispy on the outside and firm on the inside.
- Freezer version: place the bars on a parchment paper lined plate and stick in the freezer for 10 minutes to firm up. Bars eaten right out of the freezer work well but will become soft in 15 minutes or so.
View Nutritonal Information (once on page scroll down)
If you’re a blogger, what’s one thing that’s changed in your life since beginning your blog?
Do you have a dehydrator? Do you like dehydrator recipes, or would you opt for the frozen version of this recipe?