Nothing says I love you like a bouquet of flowers just after you’ve told your girlfriend she is no longer allowed to bring liquids into your car.
Kevin was away on business this past week.
He drives a much nicer car than me. One could argue that the only reason his is better is because he takes care of his. The same cannot be said for me… but that’s beside the point.
So naturally, while he was away, I used his car.
We all know how much I love smoothies in the morning, and driving in his car was no exception to alter my morning routine.
Maybe I got a bit too excited when I reached for the cup in the cup holder.Whatever it was, it didn’t end well.
There was smoothie everywhere – in between the seat, down the seat belt buckle, all over my jeans…. everywhere.
If you know me, you know I’m extremely detail oriented in some aspects of my life [alphabetized movie collection, impeccably organized closets] but dreadfully horrible in others [cleaning 2 cups of spilled smoothie from the interior of a vehicle]
Needless to say, on Kevin’s drive home last night he found the 1.75 cups of smoothie I missed while cleaning up.
At least I got flowers out of it, right?
And to make up for it, I made him breakfast. A couple more winners like this and I’ll be back to drinking in his car in no time…
- ⅔ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup raw quinoa – red or white would work
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- ¼ tsp gluten-free pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch ground nutmeg
- pinch ground ginger
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1.5 tbsp finely ground almond flour
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly oil a 4 cup casserole dish. [I used a small dab of coconut oil]
- In a small bowl combine all ingredients, minus the topping. Stir until fully mixed, then pour into prepared casserole dish.
- Cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine all topping ingredients. After the 30 minutes are up, remove casserole from oven and sprinkle topping over top of the casserole.
- Return to the oven and cook uncovered for another 10-15 minutes, or until golden. [Mine was ready in 12 minutes]
Do you take care of your car by cleaning it on a regular basis, never miss an oil change?
Or do you live on the wild side and leave the cleaning and maintenance for a ‘rainy day’?