- 175 grams raw sweet potato (approximately 1 medium), cubed
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon grape seed oil
- 1 cup canned lite coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon homemade curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons tightly packed, finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon tightly packed, finely chopped fresh mint
- Preheat oven to 400F and set aside a small baking sheet.
- Add cubed sweet potato, sliced red onion, garlic and oil to the baking sheet and mix with your hands until everything is incorporated. Slide the sheet into the preheated oven and roast for 20 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are very tender. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a couple of minutes.
- Add coconut milk, water, lemon juice, curry powder, salt and roasted vegetables to the jug of your high powered blender. Blend mixture on high for 2 minutes, until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and stir in fresh herbs. Allow to cool completely and add to any greens salad as a salad dressing, steamed vegetables as a sauce, or fried veggies and meat for a quick curry!
- To use as a marinade: Add to a ziploc bag along with 4 chicken breasts. Marinade overnight, or throw in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Feel free to use whatever type of oil you have on hand
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 176
- Calories from Fat: 125
- Total Fat: 13.9
- Saturated Fat: 3.8 g
- Sodium: 267 mg
- Carbs: 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.3 g
- Net Carbs: 11.4 g
- Sugars: 3.6 g
- Protein: 2.1 g