- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup uncooked red quinoa, rinsed
- 10 strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup cooked black beans
- 8 cups mixed greens
- 1/3 cup light egg-free canola mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon powdered xylitol – see note
- 2 tablespoon raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Place water and rinsed quinoa in a medium-sized saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes with the lid on. Once complete, remove from heat and allow to sit with lid on for 5 minutes. Remove lid, drop quinoa into a bowl and place in the freezer for 10-15 minutes to cool for the salad.
- Meanwhile, combine salad dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl. Pour dressing over top. Add quinoa and serve.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
xylitol should be ground before adding to the recipe or you’ll have xylitol crystals in the finished product. If you don’t have xyltiol, feel free to replace with maple syrup to keep vegan, or honey.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 345
- Calories from Fat: 144
- Total Fat: 16
- Saturated Fat: 2.3 g
- Cholesterol: 5> mg
- Sodium: 159 mg
- Carbs: 43.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 10.5 g
- Net Carbs: 32.7 g
- Sugars: 5.9 g
- Protein: 10.6 g