- 2 ripe plantains (black with some yellow), chopped into ½ inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon unrefined coconut oil
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ red onion, chopped
- 1 medjool date, pitted and soaked in water for a bit to soften
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh grapefruit or orange juice
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped mint, divided
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- baby spinach/mixed greens for serving
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add plantains and sauté (tossing frequently) for 5-7 minutes or until their light yellow color turns golden and some pieces begin to brown. Remove from stove and set aside to cool.
- Make the dressing by blending the date, juice, apple cider vinegar, 1 teaspoon of chopped mint, salt and ground pepper in a high powered blender. Once smooth, slowly whisk in olive oil.
- Place plantains, black beans, tomatoes, red onion into a bowl, pour on the dressing and stir well to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Top with fresh mint.
- Serve salad on it’s own or over a bed of greens.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 516
- Calories from Fat: 199
- Total Fat: 22.1
- Saturated Fat: 3.4 g
- Sodium: 245 mg
- Carbs: 80.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 9.1 g
- Net Carbs: 71.4 g
- Sugars: 33.4 g
- Protein: 8.4 g