- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup almonds
- ½ cup tightly packed fresh cilantro
- ½ cup tightly packed fresh parsley
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dried mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan rock salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- Add walnuts, almonds and sesame seeds to a large glass bowl. Fill with water, cover and refrigerate for 12 hours. Once complete, strain and rinse.
- Add cilantro, parsley, olive oil, lemon juice, mint leaves, cumin, nutritional yeast, oregano, garlic, cayenne pepper, salt and ground pepper to the bowl of your food processor.
- Pulse mixture until smooth.
- Then add soaked nut and seed mixture. Pulse mixture until nuts are the size of sesame seeds.
- Roll the dough; 2 tablespoons at a time, into balls. Press and rotate as you go to allow the mixture to stick. Repeat with remaining dough, creating 16 balls in total.
- Place completed balls on food dehydrator racks. Dehydrate at 110F for 10 hours, rotating halfway through. If you do not have a dehydrator, recipe can be cooked at the lowest temperature your oven will go (180F) for 3 hours, rotating halfway through.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
- Nut allergy – if you are allergic to nuts, you could make this recipe with 1 cup of sunflower seeds and 1 cup of pumpkin seeds.
- Sesame allergy – if you are allergic to sesame, you could replace the sesame seeds with an equal amount of hemp seeds. Do not soak the hemp seeds.
- Food Dehydrator – if you do not have a food dehydrator, I have included oven instructions in the recipe.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 211
- Calories from Fat: 175
- Total Fat: 19.4
- Saturated Fat: 2.2 g
- Sodium: 153 mg
- Carbs: 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.5 g
- Net Carbs: 2.7 g
- Sugars: 0.8 g
- Protein: 7.4 g