- 5 tablespoons Ellyndale® Organics Sesame Seed Oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1-inch (2.5 cm) fresh ginger root, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon finely ground grey sea salt
- pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 1 lb (455 grams) chicken wings
Optional Tahini Dip
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons tahini/sesame paste
- Place 3 tablespoons of the sesame oil, coconut aminos, vinegar, garlic, ginger, salt and cayenne pepper in a large container with a lid, and whisk to combine. Add chicken wings and seal with the lid. Set on the counter for 3 hours, or in the fridge overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C) and set out your large cast iron pan, or line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Reserving the marinade, place the chicken wings meaty side up on the prepared sheet. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of sesame oil and transfer to the preheated oven. Cook the chicken wings for 30 to 35 minutes, or until tops are golden.
- To prepare the tahini dip, 5 minutes before the wings are ready, transfer the reserved marinade to a small saucepan and add water, tahini, and the remaining 1 tablespoon of sesame oil. Cook on medium-low heat, whisking continually for 5 minutes, or until it has simmered for a minimum of 3 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a clean plate. Sprinkle the chicken wings with green onions and sesame seeds, and serve alongside the tahini sauce.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
To reheat, either microwave or place in a cast iron pan and heat on the stovetop on medium heat, covered, for 5 minutes.
The following recipe ingredients were provided by our friends at SPUD.ca – garlic, fresh ginger root, organic chicken wings, organic sesame tahini, sesame seeds and green onions. Get $20 off your first organic grocery delivery on SPUD.ca when you use the coupon code PURSUIT20.
I love ordering my organic groceries through SPUD.ca because by getting my groceries delivered, I don’t need to stress out at the grocery store every week! No lines, no shopping carts, no parking, none of the stress. I simply order groceries every Monday evening, and they’re delivered to my door around 5pm every Wednesday! I know when the groceries are coming, I know that the box is going to be filled with my favorites and that the quality is going to be there every time. For me, health is about convenience. And SPUD.ca makes maintaining my healthful lifestyle that much easier.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 450
- Calories from Fat: 357
- Total Fat: 39.6
- Saturated Fat: 7.8 g
- Cholesterol: 81> mg
- Sodium: 333 mg
- Carbs: 3.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.3 g
- Net Carbs: 2.5 g
- Protein: 21.3 g