Chicken Enchilada Boats
- 2 lbs (910 g) boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 16 fl oz (475 ml) Kettle & Fire Chicken Bone Broth
- ½ cup (140 g) tomato sauce
- 1 small (90 g) yellow onion, diced
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, diced
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne
- ¼ teaspoon gray sea salt
- 3 medium (600 g) zucchinis, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 cup (112 g) shredded dairy-free or regular cheese, optional
- 1 batch vegan sour cream, optional
- 1 tomato, diced
- Handful fresh cilantro, diced
- Place chicken thighs and bone broth in a stock pot or your InstantPot Pressure Cooker. If using a stock pot, cover and bring to a boil on high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 hours. If using an InstantPot Pressure Cooker, set to high pressure for 35 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Strain the bone broth from the chicken and shred the chicken in the pot or pressure cooker. Add the tomato sauce, diced onion, diced bell pepper, avocado oil, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, ground cumin, ground cayenne, and salt. Stir to coat.
- Scoop out the insides from the zucchini pieces, leaving about ¼-inch (6 mm) thickness on all sides. Place the zucchini pieces scoop side up on a cookie sheet.
- Divide the chicken mixture between the zucchini pieces. Then, cover in cheese if using. Transfer the cookie sheet to the preheated oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until cheese has melted and zucchini is fork-tender.
- Remove from the oven and top with sour cream, tomato, and cilantro.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 414
- Calories from Fat: 199.8
- Total Fat: 22.2
- Saturated Fat: 5.9 g
- Cholesterol: 143> mg
- Sodium: 359 mg
- Carbs: 8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.4 g
- Net Carbs: 5.6 g
- Sugars: 4.3 g
- Protein: 43.7 g