- 1 cup whole raw cashews
- ½ cup water
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup raw macadamia nuts
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- Add raw cashews to a glass container. Cover with water and soak for 6 hours, covered, in the fridge.
- Drain and rinse. Add to the jug of your high-powered blender along with all other ingredients: water, lemon juice, macadamia nuts, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper.
- Blend until smooth, about 3 minutes. You may have to tamper down the ingredients as you go. The mixture will be thick and creamy. Try to avoid adding water.
- Serve with a batch of my Homemade Sweet Potato Tortilla Chips.
- Store in an air-tight container for up to 3 days. The sour cream will thicken up over a couple of hours. To make just a bit creamier, add a touch of water and stir.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutritional yeast: makes this recipe. It must be added. Just won’t be the same without it.
Cashews: you could try using another form of nut here. Perhaps almonds with skin removed or sunflower seeds? I have not tested this.
White pepper: you could try with black, I just like white pepper because it’s mild, yet still has a slight taste of pepper without overpowering the dish.
Soak time: this recipe will not work if you do not soak the cashews.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 122
- Calories from Fat: 88
- Total Fat: 9.8
- Saturated Fat: 1.6 g
- Sodium: 179 mg
- Carbs: 5.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.2 g
- Net Carbs: 4.7 g
- Sugars: 1.4 g
- Protein: 3.5 g