- 1 cup dry green lentils
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1 ½ cups gluten-free vegetable broth
- 5 cups peeled, cubed kabocha squash
- ½ cup lite coconut milk
- 1½ tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon homemade curry powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup canned tomatoes, drained
- Cauliflower rice
- Add lentils to a rice cooker or slow cooker. Cook in the rice cooker for 35 minutes or slow cooker for 3 hours. Set aside.
- Add coconut oil to a large skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute until translucent, about 10 minutes. Add vegetable stock and squash. Let simmer, covered, for 10-15 minutes until squash is soft.
- Transfer the squash mix to a blender and add remaining ingredients but lentils and tomatoes. Blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture back to the pan and stir in lentils and tomatoes.
- Let simmer for 10 minutes and serve over cauliflower rice.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 433
- Calories from Fat: 125
- Total Fat: 13.9
- Saturated Fat: 10.2 g
- Sodium: 885 mg
- Carbs: 60.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 23.7 g
- Net Carbs: 36.7 g
- Sugars: 14.7 g
- Protein: 21.5 g