- ¼ cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- ¾ cup Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts
- ½ cup high-quality cacao powder
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 15 drops alcohol-free liquid stevia or 2 tablespoons coconut sugar (if Hemp Pro is not used)
- pinch sea salt
- Line a baking sheet or plate with parchment paper or a silicon baking sheet. Set aside.
- Place shredded coconut in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Add remaining ingredients to the bowl of your food processor.
- Pulse until mixture forms a ball, about 30-45 seconds.
- Pinch 1 ½ tablespoons of dough and roll between your hands to form a ball. Drop the ball into the coconut and roll around until coated.
- Place the completed ball on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Transfer baking sheet to the fridge or freezer to set for one hour.
- These grain-free rum balls hold up well at room temperature and can be frozen for up to 1 month.
- Nutrition information calculated with cacao powder and stevia option.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Stevia or Coconut Sugar: I used stevia for this recipe because I like the taste. However, if you do not like stevia, or aren’t living sugar-free, you can use coconut sugar in this recipe. Another sugar-free option would be xylitol. If Xylitol is used, you could try 2 tablespoons, ground before adding to the recipe.
Rum: if you don’t like rum at all, don’t add it! You could replace it with water, some vanilla extract or your favorite coconut milk.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 112
- Calories from Fat: 87
- Total Fat: 9.6
- Saturated Fat: 3.5 g
- Sodium: 21 mg
- Carbs: 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.2 g
- Net Carbs: 1.9 g
- Protein: 4 g