- 2 cups (500 grams) cauliflower florets
- 2/3 cup (157 mL) unsweetened original almond milk
- 1 cup (250 mL) chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) grey sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.23 mL) garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.23 mL) freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.61 mL) celery seed (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.61 mL) dried thyme
- 1/4 cup (30 grams) Collagen Protein Beef Gelatin
- 1/4 cup (54 grams) finely diced cooked chicken thighs
- Place all ingredients but cooked chicken and gelatin in a small saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 7-8 minutes, until cauliflower is softened.
- Remove from the heat. Using a ladle, add ½ cup or so of the hot liquid to a medium-sized bowl. Add gelatin, one scoop at a time. Whisk until dissolved, then add the next scoop.
- Transfer the cauliflower mixture and gelatin mixture to your food processor, immersion blender or high-powered blender. Blend until totally smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer cauliflower and gelatin mixture back to saucepan.
- Add cooked chicken to cauliflower and gelatin mixture. Cover and heat on low for 2-5 minutes, until thickened.
- Serve immediately.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Condensed soup: if wanting to use as condensed soup, reduce chicken broth to ? cup and omit chicken thighs.
Pump up the fats: I like to add MCT oil to this soup after it’s done, a good, serious helping of it! Just pour it on, stir it around and dig in.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 198
- Calories from Fat: 62
- Total Fat: 6.9
- Saturated Fat: 1.1 g
- Cholesterol: 24> mg
- Sodium: 672 mg
- Carbs: 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.8 g
- Net Carbs: 5.6 g
- Sugars: 3.3 g
- Protein: 26.4 g