- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds, soaked for 12-24 hours
- 1 cup water
- 4 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 tablespoon alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 6 medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 4 teaspoons water
For The Cream Base
- To soak sunflower seeds, add to a clean mason jar and cover with water. Cover and refrigerate for 12 hours. Strain and rinse sunflower seeds before using in this recipe.
- Add sunflower seeds and 2 cups of water to the jug of your blender. Blend on high for 1 minute.
- Strain with a nut milk bag by pouring the mixture through the bag into a clean bowl.
- Clean out the jug and transfer the sunflower milk back to the jug. Add medjool dates and vanilla. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a clean mason jar, cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
For The Ice Pops
- Divide cream base between the ice pop molds. Set aside.
- Add chopped dates to a small bowl. Cover with cacao powder and water. Stir each chopped piece is covered.
- Divide cacao dates between the ice pop molds. Cover with ice pop tops and transfer to the freezer to chill for 8 hours.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Recipe yield will vary depending on the size of your ice pop molds.
Recipe from my Purely Pops Digital Cookbook.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 62
- Calories from Fat: 15
- Total Fat: 1.7
- Sodium: 1 mg
- Carbs: 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.9 g
- Net Carbs: 10.7 g
- Sugars: 9.6 g
- Protein: 1.2 g