- 1 lb lean ground chicken
- 1 cup uncooked rice pasta
- 1/2 cup quinoa flakes
- 3 tablespoon egg whites
- 1 medium carrot, diced – 1/3 cup yield
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 celery sticks, diced – 1/2 cup yield
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon unpastuerized honey
- 1/2 teaspoon yeast-free chicken bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan rock salt
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9×13-inch loaf pan with a dab of coconut or extra virgin olive oil.
- Bring water to a boil in a medium sized saucepan. Add rice pasta and bring back to a boil. Cook for 6 minutes, drain, rinse, and set aside. The pasta should be a couple of minutes from al dente.
- Combine all ingredients but pasta in a large bowl and mix well with your hands. Add pasta and mix gently.
- Form the mixture into the prepared loaf pan. Cover with lid, or aluminum foil and bake for 60 minutes.
- Remove the cover and bake for another 15 minutes. Must reach an internal temperature of 165F.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
you can allow the loaf to sit for about 20 minutes to allow to cool so it stays together perfectly.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 150
- Calories from Fat: 33
- Total Fat: 3.7
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 40> mg
- Sodium: 183 mg
- Carbs: 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.5 g
- Net Carbs: 13.7 g
- Sugars: 4.1 g
- Protein: 14 g