- 2 cups cooked navy beans
- 2 cups non-dairy milk — I used my homemade vanilla nut hemp milk
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons coconut nectar or honey
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon pure almond extract
- 8 frozen strawberries, thawed and diced
- 2 handfuls of cherries, pitted
- Add navy beans, non-dairy milk, banana, honey and extracts to the just of your high powered blender and blend on high for 3 minutes or until ridiculously smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and stir in strawberries and cherries.
- Ice cream maker version:transfer mixture into a bowl. Cover and chill for 12 hours. Then, use in your ice cream maker, according to its directions.
- Freezer method: separate mixture into 4 bowls and place in the freezer for a total of 3 hours. Remove bowls from the freezer every 30-45 minutes to whisk everything together and prevent the mixture from clumping.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
To make vegan: use coconut nectar instead of honey.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 176
- Calories from Fat: 19
- Total Fat: 2.1
- Sodium: 92 mg
- Carbs: 34.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 6.7 g
- Net Carbs: 27.9 g
- Sugars: 19 g
- Protein: 5.2 g