- 1 cup egg whites
- ¼ cup extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup lite coconut milk
- 2 teaspoon xylitol
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon pure natural almond extract
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon flax seed, ground
- 2 tablespoon Chamela Girl summer chai masala or homemade chai spice
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1 tablespoon lite coconut milk
- 3 tablespoon ground xylitol – see note
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter, melted
- 4 teaspoon arrowroot starch
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon pure almond extract
- Preheat oven to 375F and set out your normal-sized doughnut pan.
- Place all dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl and whisk to combine.
- In a separate large bowl, combine all wet ingredients.
- Add dry to wet and stir to combine. Allow to sit for 2-3 minutes to thicken up.
- Place the batter in a piping bag or large ziploc bag with the end cut off the end so there’s about a ½-inch opening.
- Fill each cavity ¾ to the top. Be careful not to overfill or the doughnuts will overflow while cooking and look more like bundt cakes than doughnuts.
- Place in the oven to bake for 16-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean and edges are just beginning to brown. Mine were perfect at 17 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine all frosting ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk until combined. If too liquidy, place in the fridge for a couple of minutes to allow the coconut butter to harden slightly.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 1-2 minutes before grabbing the pan with an oven mitt and tipping over onto a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely (about 30 minutes) before adding almond frosting.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
If you don’t have a doughnut pan, no worries! This mix can be can be made into 24 mini muffins too. Bake for about 15 minutes at the same temperature.
Grind xylitol with a coffee grinder, food processor or blender so that there are no crystals in your frosting.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 171
- Calories from Fat: 107
- Total Fat: 11.9
- Saturated Fat: 8.2 g
- Sodium: 88 mg
- Carbs: 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.2 g
- Net Carbs: 11.2 g
- Sugars: 0.8 g
- Protein: 5.7 g