This sugar-free, gluten-free waffle recipe was not intentional.
Originally, I was aiming for a muffin recipe but the batter was too runny and my oven wasn’t cooperating with me. Not wanting to waste my hard work, I poured the batter into my waffle iron, waited 3 minutes, and out popped the most deliciously gorgeous, golden, crispy, amazing waffles I’ve ever seen.
Ha! I love it when that happens.
I have a habit of sharing spur-of-the-moment recipes on my Instagram page when I’ve created a recipe that is begging to be shared. And these waffles? Were pleading to be shared with anyone who would listen!
I posted the recipe, loads of people tried it, loved it, and so… I decided it was about time I officially shared the goodness of the sugar-free, gluten-free waffle with you.
Psst… follow me on Instagram for a bunch of healthy snack, breakfast, lunch and dinner ideas that never make it to the blog ;)
To print, email or text this recipe, click here.
- ½ cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten-free All Purpose Flour
- ½ teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground flax seeds
- ¼ teaspoon gluten-free baking soda
- 2 egg whites
- ¼ cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon grape seed oil
- ½ teaspoon water
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat waffle iron to medium-high.
- Meanwhile, add dry ingredients to a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add in wet ingredients. Stir to combine, removing all lumps with a fork.
- Pour half of the mixture into preheated waffle iron and cook for 2-3 minutes, according to your waffle iron.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with melted coconut oil, maple cream or maple syrup, if desired.
View nutrition information (once on page, scroll down)
You do the dry first, then add the wet.
Give it a little stir.
Add to your waffle maker (if you don’t have one, you could make these into pancakes!), wait a couple of minutes, and prepare yourself.
I’d love to know how you like these babies when you give them a try!