Who doesn’t like pie, smoothies and graham crackers?
Or, limes, frothy toppings and sweet breakfasts?
Big mugs, green things, and meals packed with goodness?
All of these things? Can be your next green smoothie.
Because green smoothies don’t have to be a “pinch your nose to scarf it down” experience.
They can taste like pie or fudge or cake, ice cream or brownies and everything in between.
- 2 tablespoon key lime juice (about 4 limes)
- 1 teaspoon key lime zest (about 2 limes)
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 ripe frozen banana
- ¼ teaspoon alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 2 drops liquid stevia or 1 tablespoon ground xylitol or 1 pitted medjool date
- 1 tablespoon sunflower butter
- 2 cups organic baby spinach
- 4 ice cubes
- 1 minute vanilla whipped topping (optional)
- gluten-free graham cracker pieces (optional)
- Add all ingredients in the jug of your high-powered blender in the order they are listed.
- Blend for 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Add whipped topping and crushed graham crackers, if desired.
What’s your favorite pie flavor?
The first pie I ever made was lemon meringue. I remember being fascinated at how fun it was to make. Following that first pie, I must have made another 20 or so lemon meringue pies all in one summer. Once I mastered the lemon meringue, I branched out to apple, then blueberry, strawberry rhubarb… I’m a pie kinda gal.
If I had to choose my favorite of all time though, I think I’d choose lemon meringue – the pie that started it all!